Friday, September 5, 2014

Thankful Thursday


As I begin writing about today, I am looking down at my ever expanding midsection and watching one of my sweet sons move. Looking back to this time last year, as we were in the midst of trying different fertility treatments, I honestly had my doubts that this was in the cards for me. Watching my belly move and seeing different body parts jab me here and there, I am beyond thankful. I'm thankful that God answered my prayers. I'm thankful that He entrusted these nuggets to us. I'm thankful to be 33 weeks with two boys that are thriving and growing just as they should. I am thankful that I am surrounded by friends and family and have had so much love, support and prayer during this whole ordeal. I'm thankful for my faith and for having a Father in Heaven who loves me despite my faults and forgives me for my sins. How amazing to have such a loving God.

Nick spent the night at home last night. I wanted him to get a good nights rest because it's not a good nights sleep around here. They are in here every 4 hours to give me meds, early morning sugar checks and not to mention, I get up 3-5 times a night to use the bathroom. He was reluctant but I could tell he really wanted to go home. He asked me to wake him up in the morning since I am usually awake pretty early. So this morning, I texted him around 5:45 and then called him. He sounded really groggy. I got ready and was chilling in my bed when my phone rang at 7:55. It was Nick saying he had fallen back asleep. I knew that would happen. I was a little annoyed because he was supposed to come by before he went to work and he was going to bring me a latte. He had a 9 o'clock meeting so then I started worrying about him driving like a maniac to get out to Westlake. Around 8:40, my door opens and in walks my sweet hubby with a coffee. He moved his meeting to a different time and brought me my latte. I cried. I truly have a keeper.

Here's what my latte looked like at the coffee shop



It's been a rough week to say the least. Today, my Nana and Popie would have been married for 61 years. I've been thinking about my Nana a lot today. My Popie was such an incredible, God loving man who treated my Nana like a queen. I know her heart has had a huge void since he passed, and days like today - well I can only imagine how difficult it must be. Nana also lost her best friend this week so she has been in my prayers. Plus, I cannot stop thinking about and praying for the Fuhrmann family. I believe Skip's death was rather unexpected. It makes me so thankful to still have my Papa who we were close to loosing in 2007. Today, America lost Joan Rivers. What a funny lady she was. May her soul rest in peace. And as Andy Cohen put it, "Heaven just got a whole lot funnier."

Sherri is one of my favorite people in the whole world and today, in labor and delivery, we had a going away party for her. Sherri has been here at Baylor for 19 years and I consider her to be my work mom. She is always willing to lend a helping hand and she gives the best hugs. She can read me like a book and she knows exactly what to say at the right time. Her heart is as big as Texas and she knows how to relax me by stroking her fingers through my hair. She is moving to another Baylor hospital that is closer to where she lives. I cannot blame her for wanting a shorter commute and Baylor Waxahachie is beyond blessed to have her. She will be a huge asset to their team, but I selfishly want her to stay here. I had asked her to be my nurse a while back but sadly it doesn't look like that is going to work out. I love my Sher-bear.


Bruce swung by for a few minutes and we caught up. I had never heard his story but he opened up to me about his accident. When he was 23 he was leaving his wife, Cynthia's parents house around 9:30 after they had gone out to dinner. He was in a neighborhood (highland park), stopped at a stop sign when an 18 year old boy t-boned him at 80 mph. The teen had been playing car tag with his headlights off and now Bruce is living with a severe brain injury and has very little use of his right arm and is mostly confined to a scooter chair. He is such a nice man and what happened to him is unbelievable. He said the teen never apologized to him either. Such a shame. That being said, Bruce has the biggest heart. He has completely forgiven the boy and has a great outlook on it all.

After Bruce left, I took a little 30 minute nap - who am I??? I rarely nap. Anyway, mom called and woke me up. She and my dad had made it into town and would be here soon. Mom was going to come up and get me so that I could see Louie.

Apparently while my mom was getting me, my dad had tried to walk Louie and the Baylor police told him he was not allowed to do that. My parents are meticulous about cleaning up after Louie but even after my dad showed him the plastic bags on his leash, the police still wouldn't budge. Needless to say, my Papa wasn't happy.

Papa, Louie, and myself



Me and Louis Vuitton (Louie's legal name!)



Me and mom :). Man am I pale!



Mom and Papa went to the house and I came back up and signed up for Angie's List per Nick's request. We have a crack in our ceiling and had a guy come out last week to look at it. We just want a second opinion. They were offering 30% off so I signed up for two years for less than $12. Not too shabby!

Mom and Papa came back up with Fireside Pies. I was being monitored when they got here and needed another dose of terb. I am now averaging 2 doses a day :(. Oh well. As long as it keeps working. Once my uterus had calmed down, Nick, mom, papa and myself ate our dinner and boy was it delicious!!!

Shortly after we ate dinner, my parents headed home and Nick and I hung out. Nick was pretty sleepy still and kept dozing off. I have been blogging and researching stuff about twins.

I started contracting again around 1030 so I got in the shower which luckily helped. I blew my hair dry and then started bawling. I'm not sure what my problem was but I began to feel sorry for myself. I am tired of being here and I am so incredibly uncomfortable. My hospital bed is lumpy and has bends in it where it shouldn't. I can no longer sleep on my side because I begin contracting so I have to sleep sitting at a 60 degree angle. I just had a moment - that lasted longer than it should have. Poor Nick. He's been so supportive but I can tell he was at a loss as to what to do. Nothing could keep me from crying.

Nick fell asleep and I have been laying here. It's now 2 am so I need to try to sleep. Until tomorrow.

Xoxo,
Tiffany



-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment