Monday, September 8, 2014

34 weeks!

Ahhhhhh!!! Is it true? Someone pinch me!!! 34 weeks!!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!! I am still in disbelief and I cannot sing His praises enough. My nuggets, hubby and I are blessed beyond words. Thanks you Lord!!!!

Nick and I toured the NICU around midnight last night. Lola was in charge and she explained to us where the babies would be admitted (north hall) should they go to the NICU. She showed us what kind of bed the boys would more than likely be in now that we are 34 weeks. She explained that once the boys were stable, we could see them and that if all they need to do is learn to feed and grow, they will be moved to the south hall (feeder/growers). Before they can go home they will ensure that they are feeding appropriately and they have to pass their car seat test. I have often wondered what this entailed. Well, it's exactly what it sounds like. You bring in your car seat and the baby is on the monitor for 90 minutes in the car seat. They make sure that the baby's vital signs remain stable and that they don't have a desaturation in their oxygen levels. For some reason I always thought the car seat test simulated the movement of a car but it doesn't!!! I'm praying both the boys do well and don't have to go to the NICU. We were told they have to weigh at least 1500 grams to stay with us but I'm pretty sure it's 2000 grams (4# 6 oz). I'm anxious to find out what they weigh. I know it's all a guess but I'm praying they are big enough and don't have any trouble breathing or with their sugars. Come on Job boys!!! Grow grow grow!!!!

Last night, Sarah put me back on the monitor around 0100. I was contracting and hurting pretty bad. Sure enough I was contracting every 2-5 minutes. I got my terb and was able to go to sleep. I actually slept pretty well too. I have been exhausted lately. Sarah came in again at 0400 for my nifedipine and I was able to fall back asleep pretty quickly.

This morning, one of my favorite residents rounded on me. I wanted her to get a cup of coffee, pull up a seat and chat with me. We probably talked for about 15 minutes. Love that lady!

When she left, I was able to fall asleep again and I completely missed my friend Whitney dropping off a latte and some blueberries for me. What a sweetheart!!!She said she had read the blog and thought some blueberries would help with my Greek yogurt in the morning. How sweet and thoughtful. I truly have the best friends. So thank you Whit! And thanks for reading my nonsense!

Nick left for work around 7:20 and told me Whitney had been by. He kissed me good bye and I was on my own. I got up and since I showered last night, I got dressed and did my hair and makeup. I sat down and enjoyed my Greek yogurt with blueberries. What a perfect addition to something that has become so boring! It was delicious and just what I needed.

My latte from Whitney


On Friday, my mom had called and set up an appointment for someone to come and do my nails at 9. I have been looking forward to this for a while now! Nine rolled around and then pretty soon it was ten. I decided to call. No one picked up so I left a message and the salon immediately returned my call. I explained to him that someone was supposed to have been here at 9 for a shellac and pedicure. He called Stephen ( the guy who was supposed to come) and then called me back again. Apparently there was some miscommunication and Stephen is coming tomorrow at 9. I'm just glad he's coming. These nails look horrid! And my toes.... Let's just say socks are my friend right now.

Melanie, my diet tech, came in this morning and we went over my menu I really like her and she usually stays and talks for a while. She is a type 1 diabetic and understands my frustration with Baylor and their policies for diabetics. For example, they won't let you have fruit for breakfast - something about too many carbs. I'm so happy and thankful they changed my diet to a regular diet. I was miserable on the diabetic diet.

Dr. Gunby stopped by and gave me some Sees candies. I just love that man. We are so blessed to have him as our Head of OB. He always knows how to make me smile.

I went to find Emily to get my monitoring done and ran into Toya. We talked for about 20 minutes. I really do miss all the girls I work with. They are such a great group of ladies and have been so supportive of this whole process.

I got my monitoring done and sans terb so far! Whoo-hoo. I have been researching Pediatricians all morning as well vaccinations. I always thought I wanted to split them up but now I'm thinking maybe not. I need to pray about this.

Exhaustion doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. Besides not being able to get comfortable at night, there are always people coming in and out and I can hear when people ring their call lights. I am a terribly light sleeper for the most part and they currently have a lot of Post Partum holdovers on AP right now so those moms call out at all hours for help with their baby. I understand that and I may soon be one of those moms, but in the meantime, sleep is hard to come by. I decided to try and take a nap. It was drizzling outside and that created the perfect environment for a little siesta. I dozed off from about 2:30-4:30 with a few interruptions in between. At some point Bruce stopped by and he said hello and then was quick to let me rest some more. Emily came in at 4 and gave me my nifedipine. I closed my eyes after that but never really fell back asleep.

I played on my iPad for a while and around 6:15 I was getting more water when I ran into Emily. She asked me if I needed anything and I told her I had been contracting about every 10 minutes. She asked if I wanted to be placed on the monitor. I told her I thought I was ok for now. She said to drink water and she would be in in a little while to check on me. She came in about 10 minutes later and told me she wanted to go ahead and monitor me and I agreed. She got me all hooked up and I was contracting every 2-5 minutes. Some contractions were tolerable while others hurt. She gave me my terb and she gives it so fast it doesn't hurt. I told her that I love it when she gives me terb!




Dinner was a jalapeƱo turkey panini. I should have taken a picture but I forgot. This sandwich is legit! It was a little too buttery for me and huge. I was only able to eat half and it was delicious.

I've still been contracting despite the terb and my 8pm nifedipine. I am praying that the babies stay put. Tomorrow is a full moon which makes people contract and makes people SROM ( spontaneous rupture of membranes). Say a prayer if you can please.

I talked to my sweet friend Jill and she is going to bring the changing table with her tomorrow and put it in Nick's car after work. She's the best! Mom is going to paint it this weekend. It's such a project I would love to do. I got on etsy to try and order bedding for the cradle but it's all so expensive. I'm going to keep looking around. That doesn't mean I didn't find something I love though! I found this adorable garland that I want to hang somewhere in the nursery. Perhaps on the mirror over the dresser or over the prints on the wall. I'm really excited about it! I also found a nightstand at Target that I adore. I'm thinking it may work next to the glider.






Nick just walked in and I am about to jump in the shower. We are going to catch up on Big Brother and then call it a night. Sweet dreams!


What's going on with the Job babies?

When the babies are born, their eyes will look blue. It takes about 6 months to 2-3 years before their true eye color is revealed.

Once again, you may notice that your baby is moving less and less as they run out of space. When you do feel them move- whoa buddy! Will you feel them move! You also may get good at distinguishing between body parts. For me, I can see knees and butts. I've also had to rearrange the boys from the outside a few times. My kiddos move like crazy still and I am trying to enjoy every last moment of it.

The amniotic fluid is made up of urine, sweat, as well as other fluids. It replenishes itself every 3 hours!

Babies are the size of a butternut squash


What's going on with mommy?

Labor is right around the corner ( or in my case, an almost daily thing we are trying to stop!). Please please please familiarize yourself with the signs of labor. No two labors are the same, so don't expect what happened to your mom, sister or friend to be the exact same thing that happens to you. The most common signs and symptoms of labor are regular contractions ( every 5 minutes) that are occurring in short intervals. It is usually accompanied by lower back pain or menstrual like cramps, and sometimes some bloody mucous. Occasionally your bag of water may break - if you're not sure, put a pad on. If you saturate it in an hour, notify your primary care provider. Just because you have some of these symptoms, it does not mean that you're in true labor. You may have some of these signs for days, sometimes weeks (like me!)

You may notice that your eyes are feeling dry and/or irritated due to a decrease in tear production. You also may notice that your vision may not be as sharp as you're used to. This is because there is fluid behind the lenses of your eyes which changes their shape. This too goes away after delivery.

If you're interested in formulating a birth plan, now is the time. There are a lot of great examples online. Here are a few places you can find examples.

Earthmamaangelbaby.com

Babycenter.com

Thebump.com


-Xoxo,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment