Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sono day!

This morning I was wide awake by 4:30. I played on my phone for a while and Nick's alarm went off at 5. He had to go in super early today. Anyway, I got up, changed my linens and got Nick new linens for his "bed". We will have fresh beds tonight! Dr. Cammack came and rounded on me. She was very surprised to see both of us up and at Em.

I woke up starving and asked to have my blood sugar checked. It was 63. So annoying. Luckily, I think because it was close to shift change, they didn't recheck it. One of my other favorite residents, Dr. Slocum was at the nurses station when I went up and asked to have my sugar checked. She came and talked for a few minutes. I am so relieved to know that two of my favorite residents will be available to help with my c/s! It gives me a little more peace of mind.

I ate the normal vanilla Greek yogurt - but today I had my blueberries from Whitney!!! Yumm-o!!!




Jill is working today and called and asked if I wanted a coffee. That was a given! I asked her for a skinny vanilla latte please! She brought me my coffee and some banana bread her mom had made. She is too good to me. Ms. Kay called into my room and told me to empty my bladder and they would be by shortly to wheel me to the sono room. Jill asked if she could come. Absolutely! I don't like being alone- just in case there is bad news. Luckily, all was well. Both boys had a BPP of 8/8. Jill got a call in the middle of Knox's BPP and had to go back to L&D.

I got back to my room and Dr. G stopped by. We discussed the plan of care. Monday he will call me around 3 and let me know what his time frame looks like - everything depends on if he has someone in labor or has to do a surgery. If he can get back to. Dallas from Frisco, he will come by, check me and hopefully discharge me home. If he can't make it, he will be by first thing Tuesday morning and discharge me. I will go straight to his office and he will check me and do a growth scan. Then we will see what happens after that! I told him that I have a feeling my water is going to break soon. He said it may happen. We will get there when we get there.

Stephen, the nail guy, was prompt today. He showed up at 9 and was ready to go! He brought two shades of blue in a brand I've never heard of and two nude colors. Luckily, one of the nude colors he brought was the one that I love and need to remember the name of! After some googling, I remembered!!! Placenta brain at its finest. It's called "taupe-less beach" by OPI. The mani/pedi wasn't the best since there was no water or massaging but he got the job done and it was only $60. I tipped him well but I appreciate it more than anything!!! I am a girl who needs to have her nails done!

Blue for my boys!!!




A sweet friend of mine, Lauren, who I met in nursing school texted me. She also has a set of boy twins and offered to give us some clothes. Everyone's generosity has been completely overwhelming. With how fast babies grow, I appreciate hand me downs more that she will ever know!

Susie stopped by for a minute in her hunt for a PCA pump. She's here tomorrow and Saturday also. I told her how I was feeling about my water breaking and she said that she has had the same feeling. So weird. She also said that our CRNA, Darrell, had told her he had the same feeling. Crazy. We will see what happens!

While Susie was here, they checked my blood sugar and it was 68. They brought me my snack and I ate a cracker with peanut butter. 10 minutes later it was 82. I joked with Beth, my nurse today, that I am a really brittle diabetic and she better be careful with me :)

Jill just stopped by again and she is going to bring me a chick fil a salad. I got a veggie burger for lunch, which actually isn't bad, but I'm just not in the mood for it.

Bruce was visiting when Jill dropped off my salad. He left and I ate. I've been feeling a lot of pressure in my lady parts all day and my contractions were starting to pick up a little.

Around 3, I called Beth and asked her to put me on the monitor. Sure enough, I was contracting every 2-5 minutes again. Noel stopped by to visit around 3:15. At 3:30, Beth gave me my terb. It took a few more contractions before it kicked in. I was taken off the monitor and about an hour later, I started contracting again. I told Noel and we watched it for a little bit. I called Beth back in and asked her if I could have some fluids. She said she would page Dr. G and ask but that she wanted to start with norco. I got a norco, and was put back on the monitor.

Around this time, Jill came in. She had gotten off a little early and had brought a changing table to work for us to borrow. Nick was supposed to leave work early and put it in his car. I texted him and told him what was going on. He said he was on his way. Jill hung around to see what was going to happen because she is going out of town tomorrow.

Beth returned with terb in hand - I was contracting regularly again. I got my second dose of terb and an IV. I was bolused one liter and the contractions slowed down. I remained on the monitor a little while longer and was irritable but not like it was.

Dr. Cammack came up and checked me. I changed from 2 cm to 3 cm. She said she would talk to Dr. G and get back to me. By this time it was shift change and Jackie took over. There were no new orders so I guess we are just going to play it by ear.

Monica, Martha, and Susie stopped by after work. Everyone wants me to keep them cookin. I'm trying but not sure that it's going to happen. I've had a weird feeling all day. I don't know if it will be today, tomorrow or the next but I just feel like it could be soon.

We ate dinner and Noel went home. Nick is currently asleep in what looks like a very uncomfortable position. I just got my 2 hour post perineal blood sugar and it was 65. I get to be restuck and am currently eating again. So frustrated. At least I'm eating ice cream :)

I called Jackie in to ask her if I should go back on the monitor. She asked me if the contractions were hurting like they had been before. I told her not all of them, but some of them do. She said that I should wait. Okie dookie. So I did what I like to do when I feel like I'm contracting too much. I got in the shower ( they really need bathtubs up here). I let the warm water beat down on my belly for about 15 minutes. It felt so good.

It's funny. The closer delivery potentially gets, the more nervous I am. I also feel an overwhelming need to be clean. I keep thinking that it may be my last shower for a little while. Or I may not get to do my hair for a few days. I feel so silly as I write that but it's true. Surely I'm not the only one who has felt like this.

Here's to being pregnant another day!

Xoxo,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment