Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pictures!

Just another manic Monday!!!!

Leila, a sweet friend of mine that I delivered about 16 months ago, stopped by to meet the boys. She was precious with them and it was so good to catch up with her. It's been about a year since I last saw her. She was so good with the boys and I thought it was so sweet of her to stop by. 

Nick ran some errands for me. I ran out of Norco and he went up to the hospital to get my refill for me. He then headed to Target with a list. He did a good job getting the things on the list. The two most important things ( other than my norco) was a Playtex VentAire bottle that is supposed to help with Knox's reflux and premie diapers. Nick was only able to find Huggies Premie diapers so we are going to use all of our Pampers before trying the Huggies. I'm a Pampers fan because that's what we use at work and I've read that most babies do the best with Pampers.  I want to make sure that the boys bottoms don't react to one diaper versus another. 

Today is one of the boys picture days! I say "one of" because my sweet friend Katie of Red Plum Photography, was on call Sunday night and our appointment was supposed to be at 9 am on Monday. Katie and I both work in L&D and there is no way she'd be able to photograph the boys after possibly working a 12 hour night shift. So we decided to do our 6 pm shot at White Rock Lake and rescheduled our normal shoot for this coming Friday at 1 pm. 

We gave the boys a bath and tried to keep them awake before the photo shoot. Pierce had a major breakdown. Poor guy would not stop crying. I was a little stressed about how he'd do for pictures. Ironically it was Knox who was more fussy during pictures. Pierce got his breastmilk bottle and passed out. Knox on the other hand, he did great but was a little fussy and just wanted his paci. 

We went to White Rock because I wanted a picture of the boys in nautical gear. I had told Katie this a while back and had ordered some hats for them from etsy. I sent her a picture of the hats and a few examples from Pinterest. She was on board with my vision and ordered an adorable boat and net for the boys. She even went as far as to go out to a creek behind her house with a neighbor who has a little boy and do practice shots. She's phenomenal. 

I choose the nautical theme because both my mom and dad were in the Navy, and I knew that they would love pictures with this theme. 

Overall, pictures went really well and I'm looking forward to Friday! Katie has a vision and she is so good with the babes. She gave us a sneak peak and I am in love!

Here are a few from my moms phone. 



After pics, we stopped at Fuzzy Tacos. I had eyed it on our way to White Rock and we all were starving on our way home! We have a ton of good at the house but everyone loves mexican good so Fuzzy's it was!

We fed and changed the boys and then ate dinner. On the way home from pictures, I had mentioned that my right breast felt very engorged. I was super uncomfortable and couldn't wait to pump     Well pumping was extremely painful and my breast was hot and hard to the touch. I started to get chills and felt like I was going to throw up from the pain. I told my mom and Nick that I felt like I may be developing mastitis. Mastitis is an infection in the breast from either a blocked milk duct or from bacteria from the babies mouth. It usually happens within the first 3 months post Partum and needs to be treated with antibiotics. Thankfully you can still breastfeed if you have it but it leads a lot of women to stop breastfeeding due to the pain. I understand why. It is incredibly painful. My mom helped me apply warm compresses and Nick got me my norco. I got in bed and could not stop shaking. The chills were terrible. When Nick came to bed he felt my head and confirmed I did indeed have a fever. My fever broke at about 3 am. I woke up completely drenched in sweat. 

I have a follow up doctor appointment with Dr. G at 10 Tuesday so we will see what he says. Praying this was caught early enough and I will be able to continue breastfeeding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment