Sunday, September 28, 2014

Buy Buy Baby


Saturday morning mom and I got up with the intention of getting the boys fed and changed, as well as getting ourselves ready and out the door by 10 am. Well, we had good intentions but didn't get out until closer to 11:30. We wanted to make a trip to Buy Buy Baby and get our nails done. Unfortunately we ran out of time for both. We did however get the all important BBB run done. 

We ran up there for a "quick trip" which turned into a 2 hours goose hunt. This was the first time we have been disappointed with who helped us. The lady who asked us if we needed help didn't know where anything was and couldn't answer any of our questions. Ugh. Oh well. We were able to get most of the things we set out for. We also waited in the longest line ever and were surrounded by rude customers. It was not the most pleasant shopping experience. 

Jeff and a Alma came over to see P and K. They had a wedding to be at at 4 and I didn't want to miss them so mom and I hurried home. Nick had sent me pictures of the boys while I was out and said that Jeff and Alma were the baby whisperers. They had gotten the boys right off to sleep! We were able to visit for a little while before they had to go. 


Whitney, Clay and Gunner stopped by and brought us dinner from Central Market. Whitney said that if it weren't for people bringing dinner when they first got home, they would not have eaten. Erik and Katie also stopped by and brought us white chocolate raspberry nothing bundt cakes. These might just be my favorite. I have a weakness for cake. 

I "cooked" one of the central market meals that Deloitte sent us and then we all participated in our new norm. Feed babies, burp babies, change babies, give baby meds and rock babies. 

I'm so thankful my mom is here. I don't know what we would do without her. She takes the 2 am feeding so that we can get some sleep and she never complains about it. We have offered to do it and she always tells us no. She will never know my gratitude. 

Sunday morning we got up and did our new norm. Mom jumped in the shower and I wasn't far behind. We needed to go to BBB again. We wanted to get another vibrating rock and play, some bibs and exchange some diapers I had received. We also HAD to get our nails done. We both were looking pretty bad. We went to Hawaiian Nail Bar. They did an ok job. The lady who did my toes was pretty rude. I'm not sure why people think it's ok to be that way?  Maybe I'm just overly sensitive right now but I really don't think I am. 

None of the diapers we had were returnable. Bummer. Jill told me Wal-Mart will take back any diapers regardless of where they were purchased. Good to know and worth a try!!! While at BBB, we changed our mind on the rock and play and purchased a "daydreamer" instead. The daydreamer is supposed to help with babies with reflux. We are hopeful that this will help sweet baby K. Time will tell. 

Mom and I then went to Nordstrom Rack that was next door to BBB. I adore that store and was able to find two pairs of Tory Burch shoes. I am so excited about them. One pair are booties and the other is a pair of loafers. I call that a major success!

We came home to relieve Nick. And I couldn't get home fast enough. These babies have me wrapped around their little finger. Oh how I love them!!!

The rest if the day was spent loving and cuddling these precious gifts from above. 
Pierce Alexander Job
Knox Collier Job

Love my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment