Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 21

This past weekend we watched our friends Jenny and Kurt's kiddos. They have a 3.5 year old, Drake and a 5.5 month old, Myrick. Thankfully my mom was able to come up to help. I'm starting to slow down a little. I've noticed over the past week that I am getting tired a lot faster. I guess it's time to realize not only am I pregnant, but I'm pregnant with twins!

We had an eventful weekend. Friday I picked the girls up from school around 5:30. We came back to the house, ate dinner and played until bed time. We had a rough time getting Ms. Drake to sleep but she eventually passed out.

Saturday morning Nick and I went and got donuts and then mom and I took the girls to Klyde Warren Park. Drake took a while to warm up to the splash park but she eventually did and she and my mom had a blast. Myrick and I stayed in the shade and tried to stay cool. When it was time to head home, we got a snow cone. It was a big hit with Drake and very refreshing for this momma.

Donut time!



Mom and Drake at Klyde Warren Park


I had a baby shower that afternoon for my good friend Whitney. She is due August 3 with a little boy that they are naming Gunner Hayes. The shower was adorable and Whit got a lot of great gifts. It was fun to catch up with some girls that I had not seen in a while. Whitney looks great and I am looking forward to meeting sweet Gunner.

My mother in law, Noel was visiting when I got home. I'm glad she came over to keep my mom company. We ordered pizza and ate dinner. Dinner was followed by bath time, a story by Uncle Nick and then 1 hour of Drake on her iPad. When I went in to tell her it was time for bed, we had no problems!!! Win for Aunt Tiffy!

Sunday morning, Noel came over again and we went to my moms favorite brunch spot, Dream Cafe. Luckily it was a beautiful morning and we were able to sit outside. We sat right by the jungle gym and Drake was able to play and jump around. She must have worked up an appetite because she ate almost all of her pancake!!!









After breakfast, the girls all headed to Buy Buy Baby so we could look at my registry. My mom is hosting a shower for me at the end of the month so I wanted to show her some of the things that we had chosen. We were there for about an hour and then headed to the casa. Mom had to pack up and get on the road to head home.

Nick and I played with the girls for a few hours and then ate dinner and got their stuff ready for school. They really are good girls and we enjoyed loving on them all weekend.






What's going on with the boys?

Babies are the size of a pomegranate.

All that you need to hear the baby's heart rate is a stethoscope! Or if you're like me, I went online and found a Doppler similar to what we have at work. It was becoming very concerning to me that I was only feeling one baby move ( due to placental placement) and not the other.

The baby's heart rate is between 120-160 beats per minute. And that old wives tail - the higher the number it's a girl, the lower the number, it's a boy - not true. Babies are babies and each has their own rate that will fluctuate throughout your pregnancy.

Your baby has developed cycles of being awake and being asleep. For me, the boys usually are more active around 11 pm which makes me a little nervous but we will figure it all out!

What's going on with mommy?

Backaches may be your new norm. I know it is for me. I see my chiropractor 2-3 times a week which helps, but it's still pretty intense. Your center of gravity is being shifted by your ever growing uterus causing your lower back to move forward. And there's this hormone called relaxin which is appropriately named. Relaxin loosens your joints and ligaments, specifically the ones that connect your pelvic bones to your spine. As uncomfortable as it is for your back, it's purpose comes in to play during labor and delivery when your pelvis expands to accommodate your baby's head. I have found that alternating ice and heat helps, as well as a warm, not hot, bath. In addition, Nick has gotten really good at back rubs ;)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment