Monday, August 4, 2014

20 weeks!!!!

This weekend I flew home to celebrate the graduation of a very special guy. Talk about feeling old - this weekend definitely did that! I attended the graduation of Kyle. I was Kyle's first babysitter and began watching him when he was just three months old. He was my biggest cheerleader when I was in High School - I can still hear his little voice yelling, " Go Tee Go!!!" He attended most of my football game dance performances and most of my dance competitions. I remember driving by fire stations and Kyle telling me, "Tee, that's woo-woo station 14," and every time a plane would fly over, he would point to it and yell, "ET." To this day no one knows why he called an airplane "ET." This little boy ( which he will always be to me) is now a High School graduate and headed to my alma mater - Texas Tech University. He is following in Nick's footsteps and going to major in finance. He has grown into quite the young man and I am so incredibly proud of him and all he has accomplished. I know he will love Tech and will excel there.
My family with Kyle after graduation




Kyle's graduation cake. Wreck 'Em!!!!!




Me and my mom at Kyle's graduation party.






What's going on with the boys?

Babies are the size ( length) of a banana!

They are growing hair. Keep in mind that your baby's hair will more than likely fall out after he/she is born.

Babies are developing their senses at this point. Not only do they react to your movements, they also react to stimuli from the outside and can taste your amniotic fluid!!! Eat your fruits and vegetables so the baby (babies) will love them one day!

You may feel a rhythmic jerking sensation - these are hiccups! This is very reassuring and won't last too long. I have yet to feel this....


What's going on with mommy?

By now your uterus has grown up to three times what it was. Crazy right? From here on out your uterus should grow 1 cm per week- unless you're prego with multiples. That's a whole other story! Multiples make your uterus grow faster. I have always measured anywhere from 3-5 cm more than what I am in weeks.

Your anatomy scan is usually performed between 18 and 20 weeks. This is where most people find out the gender of their baby. They also get to see their baby's spine, heart, limbs and can see that their baby has all of their fingers and toes!!! It's an exciting ultrasound that is made even better when both mom and dad can be there.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment