Friday, August 15, 2014

25 weeks and home sweet home


We got so much accomplished this weekend I can hardly believe it. We still have a LONG way to go but at least we have a good start!!! My brother in law and sister in law, Brent and Aubrey came over, along with my mother in law, Noel. Aubs brought me these sweet little animals she found at Hobby Lobby that Nick and Brent spray painted gold along with different sized jars that I am going to glue the animals to. The boys also spray painted the lids gold. I saw something similar on Pinterest and wanted to give it a try. She also brought over a bunch of scrap booking materials for me so that I will have stuff to do. That girl has a heart of gold and I am so blessed to call her my sister.



Our good friends Matt and Sarah also came by and the boys started moving furniture. They moved the armoire and dresser into the nursery and moved Nick's desk, bookcase and file cabinet into the spare room. They rearranged the bed in the spare room to accommodate the desk, bookcase, and filing cabinet, and it opened up that spare room so much !!! I wish I had placed the bed that way to begin with!


Noel, Aubs, Sarah and I cleaned out all the drawers in the dresser prior to moving it and then went through all the goodies the boys received at their first shower. We went through and chose a few outfits and blankets to wash, just in case. I wanted to have a few things packed for them. We also separated things into piles - blankets, toys, bath towels, clothes, books - they were all separated so that when the nursery is done being painted, we can put them away.








What's going on with the Job boys?

Babies are the size of head of cauliflower.

They are now about a foot long and weigh about 1.5 pounds. During our sono the boys were a little bigger than that!!!



What's going on with mommy?

Your uterus is now about the size of a soccer ball. No wonder it feels like you're running out of room. You kind of are!

Between 24 and 28 weeks you will have your gestational diabetes (GDM) test. I was supposed to have mine while I was in the hospital but obviously had to reschedule. It's something I am nervous out because my mom had GDM, I am prego with twins, and I have PCOS. All of these things make me more susceptible to GDM.

Make sure that you are emptying your bladder in a timely fashion. If you don't, you may increase your risk of a UTI. This is the last thing you want while prego. If you notice that you have frequent urination, you may want to check in with your doctor.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment