Sunday, August 3, 2014

17 weeks

This week we had another appointment with the MFM doctor. It was not the person that I usually see and I did not care for her very much. At our first appointment they found an EIF ( echogenic intracardiac foci) which sometimes can be indicative of Downs syndrome. In turn, they did some blood work that is 99.9% accurate in letting us know if there were any abnormalities with the babies. This blood test, called a maternity 21 test, told us that the babies are perfect. It also told us the gender which somehow Nick and I have been able to keep under wraps. It's kind of fun to know and not tell :)

Anyway, this particular doctor tried to talk us into another blood test which is very expensive when she saw the EIF. This test is called the AFP ( Alpha-fetoprotein) test, which screens for Down's and spina bifida. I refused it and spoke with my OB. Dr. G said that since I had had the maternity 21 blood work done during my first trimester, I did not need to take the AFP.

I have spent most of this week at Michaels getting stuff for our gender reveal party next week. I am getting really excited!!!


What's going on with the Job babies?

Babies are the size of onions.

Your baby is growing quickly and adding some fat to his or her body. This fat will help produce and maintain body heat, act as a source if energy for baby, and eventually it will be seen in those chubby cheeks you will be pinching ;)

Your baby is now refining their sucking and swallowing reflexes. They are getting ready for Breastfeeding.

What's going on with mommy?

Hemorrhoids- such an ugly word and ugly condition but unfortunately, very common. Hemorrhoids are varicose veins of the rectum and occur in half of all pregnant women. Constipation and straining during a bowel movement may make this worse. To prevent them, drink LOTS of water, exercise and eat a lot of high fiber foods.

More than likely, your old clothes are no longer fitting you. It's time to invest in some maternity clothing. I have found a few stores that I love! Pickles and Ice Cream is a cute maternity store that has a good variety of things to choose from in all price ranges. I got some really cute Michael Stars dresses that will expand with me as these twins grow!!! Destination Maternity and Motherhood Maternity are most peoples 'go to' stores. I have found a great pair of AG jeans in denim and in white, along with some really classy maternity shorts. I also found a few dresses for baby showers and the such. There is a place I found on line that I LOVE and is extremely affordable. It's called Pink Blush Maternity. I've found some basic shirts (solids) at Old Navy that I plan on wearing with scarves - I love scarves :). Anyway, if your at a loss as to where to look, these are a few good ones. I've also gotten a handful of things from Asos online and of course, Target! Happy shopping! I truly believe that if you feel like you look good, you have a better day:)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment