Saturday, August 16, 2014

29 weeks and growing

Crazy to think we will be 30 weeks tomorrow. At 24 weeks, I wasn't so sure that I would get this far. My goal of 32 weeks is just 2 weeks away. I cannot even begin to describe to you how this makes me feel. I feel...ELATED!!! There is so much that is going to be happening over the next couple of weeks that I am praying I stay pregnant and that I reach my goal. I know that we wouldn't be here if it weren't for all the prayers. To God be the glory!!!

This week passed pretty quickly despite not much going on. Monday I spent the day literally in my bed. I have only done this one other time. I like to get up, have my half a cup of coffee and hang out on the couch or in the chair most of the day. Hanging out in the bed just made me feel...blah.

Tuesday, I had a doctor appointment with Dr. G. I had a sono and got to see the boys. I swear they look just like their daddy! Dr. G and I discussed what would be happening over the next few weeks. I will be getting a weekly BPP, they will check my fundal height, weight and blood pressure, as well as review my sugars. We may or may not do another cervical length but would like to avoid it if we can. Next week I will be getting my Tdap shot. That sucker hurts! I had one last October and I hope this one isn't as bad.



Wednesday, I had a doctor appointment with my neurologist for my migraines. I went to the chiropractor and then at lunch time, my friend Jill stopped by. She has a set of twins and brought me so many goodies that I am so thankful for. She brought a bassinet, an extra changing pad, a double snap and go that has been passed around to all the twin moms at work, a diaper wipe warmer and her "my breast friend" boppy that she said was a lifesaver, especially when her kiddos were in the NICU. I am overwhelmed by her generosity. These are all things that I know we will need. Also, the cribs arrived today!!! I can't wait to get them set up this weekend!

On Thursday, my friend Kate and her daughter Tucy brought me lunch. It was good to catch up with them and Kate was so encouraging. It was just what I needed. Her daughter is a doll and was so sweet and snugly. I could have loved on her all day!


Friday, my best friend Heidi who lives in Houston came by with her mom, Annamarie. I haven't seen Heidi since I was about 13 weeks so it was so good to see her. I miss her terribly. It was so relaxing just sitting on the couch and talking like we used to. I just love that girl and I can't wait for the boys to meet her and her awesome family. Anna brought us a huge box full of baby clothes from her hubby, Ricky's old secretary. It was so sweet of her to think of us. There were even some things that had never been worn in the box! We made out like bandits and I am so thankful. These boys have a better wardrobe than Nick and I combined!!!




Saturday I cleaned off the snap and go ( no worries, I was sitting), the bassinet and then laid around like a bum all day. My cousin Brooke sent us a gorgeous quilt that she made for the boys. It is going to look PERFECT in their nursery!!! Nick went to his parents house to help them move. They didn't finish until late and Noel (my MIL) is now staying with us. We ordered pizza from Louie's ( it was on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and is delicious) and then watched American Hustle.




Today, Nick and I watched church on our TV. Our church streams live so we hook it up to our Apple TV on the weekends since I can't go! I love it. Noel and I have hung out just watching TV. Nick is working and hopefully going to start on setting up the cribs!!!!

What's going on with the Job babies?

Babies are the size of an acorn squash.

Eyelashes are being grown this week. I'm sure these boys will bat theirs at me regularly - especially when they want something.

Their brain now regulates their body temperature. Of course mommy does a good job keeping them warm but they can crank up their internal thermostat if needed!

The babes are continuing to grow and are adding fat to their little bods.

What's going on with mommy?

Your baby will be gaining the most weight over the last 11 weeks and so will you. You more than likely will gain a pound per week until delivery. Anything for the bambino(s).

Leg cramps may be roaring their ugly head. Not everyone will get them but if you do, stretch your leg gently. I have found that flexing your toes and pulling your toes towards you helps tremendously. Try to stretch before you go to bed and increase your calcium and potassium intake- milk and bananas are good sources of these.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment