Monday, July 28, 2014

Lucky # 13

Most people don't like the number 13. To be completely honest, it's not my favorite number either, but with that being said, I also love it. It was my Poppie's favorite number as well as his lucky number. For that reason, I love it. This is a lucky week because I am now in the 2nd trimester and my chance of miscarriage decreases dramatically. My heart is happy although I am still nervous, scared, anxious etc. My goal right now is to try and give these feelings to God - although I have truly struggled with this. I know that He can take all of these negative feelings away from me, yet I have been unable to completely release all of these negative emotions. Only He knows the ultimate plan for me and these sweet babies and I do have 100% faith in that. I know that whatever happens, His plan is so much greater than mine.

What's going on with the Job babies?

Babies are the size of a peach

The baby (babies) measure 2.5-4 inches long.

The head is half of the body length due to the rapid growth of the brain!!! Wow!

The organs are in overdrive this week. The liver is making bile, the kidneys are carrying away waste products, and the pancreas is pumping out insulin. The intestines are now in the body and no longer hanging out in the umbilical cord ( hooray for more room!)

What's going on with mommy?

Many people refer to the second trimester as the "honeymoon phase" of pregnancy. Usually there is a decrease in nausea, constipation and potty breaks. For me- I am still a little nauseated ( although it has gotten better), my constipation is still in full force and I'm still frequenting the ladies room. I am ready for the honeymoon phase to hit me! Bring it!!!

Some women may now have a sudden surge of energy. I have been one of the lucky ladies whose energy levels have not wained despite being pregnant. I am sure it will hit me at some point but for now, I'm feeling energetic!

You may notice your waistline starting to thicken. I have noticed this for sure. I bought a belly band at Target and it has been a lifesaver. You put it on over your unbuttoned pants and it allows you to continue to wear non maternity clothes. Luckily I am a woman who hates tight clothes and most of my things are flowy and have been working for me. :)








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment