Tuesday, July 22, 2014

8 weeks!

Last week when went to see Dr. P, they noticed that I had a sub chorionic hemorrhage. No one seem too concerned since I had not had any bleeding or cramping. They mentioned it and I didn't really think too much of it. Fast forward to this week and things have changed. I was told that the hemorrhage had doubled in size. When Dr. G found out, he placed me on bed rest. Thankfully I still have had no bleeding or cramping, but staying down is harder than it sounds. Especially when no one really knows I'm pregnant.

What's going on with the Job babies?

Babies are the size of a raspberry!

This week, if you look very closely, you will see the babies upper lip, tongue, tip of the nose, and eyelids. That is so wild!

The babies are starting to look less like tadpoles. Their limbs are growing tiny webbed fingers and toes and the tadpole tail is disappearing.

Their intestines are forming! Some of the intestines live in the umbilical cord because there isn't enough room in the abdomen yet. In about a month, all the intestines will move back inside.

If you could touch the babies right now, they would respond! The nervous system and muscles are now talking to each other!!!

The genitals have started to develop; however, it is still too early to tell the gender.

What's going on with mom?

If you haven't already, schedule a prenatal appointment. It is so important to get good prenatal care. Nick and I have been seeing Dr. P but will soon be turned over to Dr. G!!!

Do you research when looking for a OBGYN/ midwife/ nurse practitioner - or whomever you choose to see. As my mom pointed out, they are the first person who gets to hold your baby (babies.). You want to make sure that it is someone you are comfortable with and that you trust. I feel very blessed to work in this profession and I have an unfair advantage, but do google searches and read reviews. Talk to your friends and find out who had good experiences and who didn't. What they liked and what they didn't. Feel free to make several appointments and "interview" your potential care provider. This is a very special time in your life and you deserve the best!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment