Monday, July 28, 2014

14 weeks!!!

Wow. Time is going surprisingly fast! 14 weeks. I still cannot believe that I am truly pregnant. It feels more real every day as I look down at my little belly. I feel so blessed that God has given Nick and I the incredible responsibility of two little ones. What an answer to many, many prayers. Through all the heartbreak and trying times, I never imagined this would really happen. I always wanted it to, but I did not know His plan for me. I am truly grateful each and every day.

What's going on with the Job babies?

Babies are the size of a lemon.

The eyes have moved to the front of the face and the ears have moved from the neck to the side of the head.

The mouth can now turn into a frown or a smile :) and they are practicing their sucking and swallowing skills. Before long they will be sucking their thumb!

The esophagus, pharynx, windpipe and vocal cords are now in their appropriate spots. They may not be using them quite yet, but they will utilize them - mostly at night when mommy and daddy want to sleep ;)


What's going on with mommy?

The uterus is beginning to rise above the pubic bone. You may notice at your prenatal appointments, your health care provider measures from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus ( also known was the fundus). The measurement they take typically corresponds with the gestational age of your baby. For example, this week your fundal height should be 14 if you are 14 weeks. Being that I am pregnant with twins, this does not apply to me. I always measure bigger.

Congestion may rear it's ugly head at this point. Due to the increase in progesterone, your mucous membranes may swell causing you to be congested. Unfortunately there is no meds for this other than to keep your nasal passage from becoming too dry. You may apply Vaseline to each nostril and use a humidifier to help ease the stuffiness. Remember, antihistamine nasal sprays are not safe while prego! I've been lucky in that if I blow my nose, I am good for a while.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment