Wednesday, July 23, 2014

11 weeks

We got released from Dr. P this week. What a bittersweet feeling. I am so excited to be in Dr. G's care now, but if it wasn't for Dr. P and his staff, we would not be where we are today. As a thank you to them, we bought a beautiful bouquet of flowers for the office. During my last sonogram, they made us a video of the babies and their hearts beating. I feel so blessed that we have this keepsake. I never want to forget everything that we have been through.

The good news is that the hemorrhage is resolving and Dr. G said that I can go back to work next week. I'm sure more bed rest is in my future but I am hoping and praying that it is far far far away from now. I am ready to get back into my groove!

This week my mom was in California for my Nana's 80th birthday. As much as Nick and I would have loved to be there, I am on bed rest and therefore, cannot travel. We decided that since my mom was going to be in town and we have this great thing called FaceTime, we would tell our family out west. Nick put together a really cool video montage of pictures of us through the years and then at the end he added the video that Dr. P's office had given us. We face timed with my nana and the look on her face was priceless!!! It took her a minute to figure out that there are two!!!! She cried, along with the rest of the family. These kiddos will be her first great grandchildren.

What's going on with the Job babies?

Babies are the size of a lime!!! Is it bad that that makes me want a margarita? Soon enough!!!!

Skin has been forming for a while, but now the babies are beginning to form fingernails and toenails. I think that means it's time for mommy to get a mani/pedi!!!

The babies heartbeats can now be detected by a fetal Doppler although it's good to keep in mind that it may be difficult to hear due to the babies position inside mommy.

What's going on with mommy?

Hopefully by now, all mommies have had their first prenatal appointment. Mine is next week due to being followed by my RE up to this point, but most moms see their health care provider between 8 and 12 weeks. The sooner the better!

Make sure that you are getting enough vitamin c! It helps the baby develop healthy bones and teeth. Of course we all think of oranges when it comes to vitamin c, but other good sources include broccoli, papaya and strawberries.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment