Wednesday, July 23, 2014

10 weeks!!!

I'm still on bed rest but our doctors appointment this week was promising. It looks like the hemorrhage is resolving - well it hasn't gotten bigger. Dr. G said that depending on my sono next week, I may be able to go back to work. I am sure people are starting to guess that something is going on. A few people have texted me and I have been very vague in my responses. I am just trying to protect myself in case something happens. You never know but I am trying to be cautious. Anything can happen at any point and I realize that. I guess I am just scared.

What's going on with the Job babies?

The babies are the size of prunes. This mommy has been eating them on a daily basis in hopes of having a bowel movement. All of the progesterone I am on, as well as the placentas ( which are also making progesterone) have made me extremely constipated. TMI - sorry!

The twins are developing eyelids. I hope they get their daddy's eyebrows and their mommy's eyelashes :)

Their ears are taking shape this week and they are developing tooth buds. By the time they are born they will have 20 baby teeth waiting to pop out!


What's going on with mommy?

I've mentioned my coffee habit before, but I just want to remind you guys that caffeine should be eliminated if not majorly reduced while pregnant. Caffeine can dehydrate you and in turn your baby. Remember that caffeine is hidden in things such as tea, chocolate, chocolate milk and sodas. If you are like me and have to have your morning cup of joe, make sure you compensate by drinking extra water. Personally, I love my water room temperature. I wasn't much of a water drinker prior to pregnancy but I have really enjoyed water since getting pregnant. If you know me, this is a shocker!!!!

Your heart now begins to pump more blood through your veins. The extra volume is necessary to provide blood to the uterus and to the placenta. Due to this increase in circulation, it is common to get varicose veins ( yuck - I know). You can reduce the likelihood of developing these by walking daily, not sitting with your legs crossed, lying on your left side and elevating your legs whenever possible. I am a leg crosser and as much as I am trying to kick this habit - it hasn't been easy! Here's to better circulation and no varicose veins! Ps: the varicose veins typically resolve after delivery ;)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment