Sunday, July 26, 2015

San Antonio

We made it into SA about 12:30 on Friday morning. The LPs loved on papa and tutu for a bit, got a bottle and off to dreamland everyone went. 

We got up and around and played and fed the LPs. They were a little stinky so after breakfast, I decided to give them a bath. They LOVE to splash around and play so K splashed away while I bathed Pierce. I then switched them spots and bathed Knox. As I was rinsing K off, I noticed a little brown thing floating in the water. Uh oh. I quickly handed Knox off to my dad and picked Pierce up. Sweet P had pooped all over. And apparently he wasn't done because I moved him in the tub to try and clean up the present he had left us, and he left another gift!!!!  I ended up running his tushy and body under the faucet, handing him off, rinsing myself off, and then my sweet Papa cleaned the tub for me. This is the first time but I'm sure not the last!
Pierce poop!

Friday morning, Tutu and Papa took the boys to help set up for the rehearsal dinner while I went and got my hair done. It was nice to get away and have my girls Vikki and Abby make me beautiful!!!!  Nick stayed back at the house and got some work done. 


The afternoon was spent playing with the LPs and loving on Tutu and Papa. When it was time for the rehearsal, Papa and Nick stayed behind with the boys and mom and I headed to dinner. 
Sleeping Angels

We went early to help Mary Kay finish setting up.  There was brisket, sausage, potato salad, green beans, salad, fruit salad, creamed corn, potatoes and pie. No one went home hungry that's for sure! When the rehearsal was over, we stayed and helped clean up and then went back to MKs to help out everything away. By the time we got home, the guys had the LPs fast asleep. 

My bestie, Heidi and her husband, Justin, came in town from Houston for the wedding. Tutu and Papa offered to watch the boys so we could meet up. We wnded up meeting at Stone Werks and having a few drinks and catching up. 

Saturday morning we got up and around. Tutu had to go to the wedding venu and help set up the cookie table so it was me and all my boys!!!  We played, ate and napped while everyone got ready. 

After mom got home from the venu, we headed up to H-E-B. We picked up some baby food for the LPs and some more puffs along with a gift card for my sweet friend, Analisa. It just so happened that Analisa's baby shower was this weekend while we were in town!


Around 2:30, we headed to the couples baby shower for Analisa and Gregg. It was nice visiting with her parents and catching up with some HS friends I haven't seen in about 15 years. 
 
Analisa and Gregg

After the shower, we headed home, got the boys ready and then got ourselves ready and we headed to the wedding. 

It was a success and I think that it was everything that Lollie wanted. Mary Kay looked gorgeous and Steve did a great job officiating the wedding. 

The Fam Bam

Me and Papa. Love him so much!

The LPs were amazing. They hung until 10 before they started to get cranky and tired. They were passed from person to person with no issues. Beth and Heidi were both able to get their baby fixes ;)

There was a cookie bar that MK put together that was a huge hit. My mom has been busy the last several weeks, helping bake brownies and lemon bars and cookies for the table. 

Mom and I stayed at the wedding, while Nick and Papa took the boys back to the house and put the LPs to bed. Nick said they were so tired, he didn't even give them a bottle. They were OUT. 

We sent the newlyweds away with sparklers and then helped clean everything up. There were TONS of leftover cookies and cake. I have no idea what MK is going to do with it all. 

Mom and I headed home, chit chatted for a while, and then called it a night. We were tired. 

The LPs did pretty good. P woke up around 5 and nursed and K woke up around 6 and nursed. At 7, Knox was up and ready to go. Pierce woke up, soaking wet, about 20 minutes later and Tutu and Papa played with the boys while Nick and I got our stuff together and packed up. 

Currently, we are driving home from SA. It was a great trip and I just love visiting all my family. It's always bittersweet when we head out the door. Traffic is pretty heavy and the boys are napping for now. Here's to a safe trip back to Grapevine. Mommy has lots of unpacking and laundry to do when she gets home!

PS: I lost my phone before the wedding. Luckily it had just fallen out of my diaper bag in the car but needless to say, I don't have any pics from the wedding :(

No comments:

Post a Comment