Thursday, July 2, 2015

Hiatus

I took a mini hiatus from blogging while my family was in town so now it's time for a long post! Here we go!

Last Thursday I worked and my family from Cali came in! Yay!!! My mom drove in from San Antonio and picked up the California clan from the airport. After they grabbed a bite to eat, they came by the hospital. It was pretty fun showing my Aunt (who is also a labor and delivery nurse- in fact she runs everything at her hospital!) Baylor. My Nana also got to see everything and meet some of my coworkers. 

When I got off work, I hurried home as fast as I could. My cousin, Amanda, was flying into DFW and I wanted to go pick her up. 

Mom had picked up some casseroles at Celebrity Bakery and we made a huge salad and ate a casserole - all while enjoying some wine of course!

Friday morning we got up and around and went to Dream Cafe for brunch. The boys did so awesome and got to eat some popovers and sweet potato fries which they loved. We then stopped by Kendra  Scott and did a little jewelry shopping. After that, we headed to the George W. Bush Presidential Library. I'm so proud of the LPs. They truly were so good all day!!!  And they got to hang out in the Oval Office again;)

At Dream Cafe
At Dream Cafe

In the bus at the GB library

In the Oval Office. 

After the Library, we headed to the mall to have cocktails and apps at Breadwinners. Traffic was terrible and this was our way of waiting it out. We had a great time. The LPs were all about their puffs and bottles while we ate. They did great as it was getting close to bedtime. 

Waiting for food at breadwinners!

We got home after driving in a monsoon,  put the boys down, enjoyed each other's company and then headed to bed ourselves. Saturday was going to be a big day. 

Saturday morning was our 9 month photoshoot with my coworker and owner of Red Plum Photography. It was so cool to be able to get pics with my Nana and my mom. I am so anxious to see how they turn out!

The Fam Bam!!!

LPs!!!

4 generations!!!

After our photos, we headed to downtown Grapevine where we ate at Esparza's and shopped along Main Street. Once again the LPs were AMAZING!!!! We all took turns wearing them in the Baby Bjorns. They loved being able to see everything and not be confined to their car seats. 

Tutu and a sleeping Knox at Messina Hof

Aunt Debbie and a sleeping P!

We wound down the day at Messina Hof winery and then headed home. No one was very hungry so we snacked on leftovers and chips and salsa. 

Our friends Landon and Lauryn stopped by after the LPs had gone to bed and we hung out for a while. It's always a good time when they come over and we laughed and joked the night away. 

Sunday morning we got up and around and headed to the Gaylord Texan for their brunch on their river walk. It's a buffet and it is incredible. They have everything you could think of including a chocolate fountain that I'm sure the boys will want to jump inside of one day ;). The LPs got to experience all kinds of new foods. Mac and cheese, watermelon, and whipped cream to name a few. They loved it all. Other than the pineapple that only Pierce tried. He didn't like that too much!

Knox at the Gaylord

Pierce at the Gaylord

Breaking in the BOB

P-miester

Kman!

We walked around the Gaylord for a while and then headed back to the house. Mom had to drive back to SA and Nana and Aunt Debbie's flight was later that night. After mom headed out, we just played and played and played with the boys until it was time for Nick to take the ladies to the airport while Amanda and I stayed with the LPs. Amanda was able to stay until Wednesday since she is off for summer break. Oh to be a teacher! I'm jealous!
Nana feeding the LPs.

Nana and her boys!

Monday morning we had our first owie. Pierce was sitting up and lost his balance and boom- he fell right into the coffee table. He ended up with a T shaped mark on his head. Thankfully, he acted normal all day and didn't seem to mind too much. His pupils weren't dilated and he still ate and played as usual. It was scary though. 
Look above his fingers

Amanda and I got ready while the boys were napping. We headed to Southlake town center and had lunch and margaritas at Gloria's. The boys were a hoot. They love sitting in high chairs and eating people food!

Pierce and Auntie Manda

Mommy and Knox!

We did a little window shopping and then went to the grocery store. I wanted to cook dinner instead of eating out and the boys needed diapers, baby food and PUFFS!!!!  

After dropping off the groceries and putting the chicken in the crock pot, we headed to a local winery right down the street called, Cross Timbers Winery. The boys enjoyed cheese, crackers and puffs while mommy and Auntie Manda had a wine tasting. We enjoyed small portions of 5 different Texas wines. Some were good and some were just ok. Bottom line, we had a great time and I love hanging out with my cousin and babies. It was a fabulous day- other than our owie!

Feeding P at the winery 

Mommy and Pierce

Auntie and Knox!

After getting the LPs down for bed, we ate dinner. The chicken turned out really good and it was devoured by all of us. We enjoyed it with a bottle of wine we purchased at the winery earlier in the day. We watched tv and chatted and hit the hay early. 

Tuesday we got up and loved on the boys. I had scheduled a play date with my friend Andrea and her daughter, Harper. They came over and we headed to the splash pad by our house. 

Knox loved hanging with Auntie Manda and splashed and played. My sweet P, well he didn't want anything to do with it. He screamed when he got wet and ended up falling asleep in my arms. I think the poor guy was just purely exhausted. 

The LPs 

Knox and Auntie

Sleepy P

Andrea, Pierce and Harper

Harper loved the water too. I think everyone had a good time. I am so thankful Amanda was there because there is no way I could have gone by myself. She was such a huge help. Nick and I need to take the boys more so they'll get more used to it and hopefully, P will come around ....

We stopped by Sonic on the way home and grabbed a drink and snack. There is nothing better than Sonic Happy Hour in my book! 

The boys got some food and played until bedtime. Amanda and I put the boys down and I think the sun and fun may have been a little much for sweet Knox because I got POWER puked on. It was not so awesome. Poor baby. 

Nick brought home my favorite pizza - Fireside Pies - and we watched the USA vs Germany women's soccer game. Go USA!!! We won!!!! Amanda and Nick enjoyed some beer while I finished off the wine from the night before. 

Wednesday, Amanda headed back to California. We spent the morning loving on and playing with the boys. We got ready again while they napped and around 11:30, we headed to the airport. 




After dropping AJ off, we stopped at Sonic (notice a trend here😉) and I got my normal Route 44 Diet Cherry Limeaide. 

The LPs and I played and played and they climbed and climbed all over me. It's so fun watching them interact and seeing their little personalities grow. I'm in amazement of them every single day and I feel blessed beyond measure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment