Monday, July 6, 2015

First Fourth of July!

Thursday and Friday I worked. Lena came Thursday and Nick was off Friday, so we gave her the day off!!! 

Nick spent the day with the LPs and I think they had a great time!!! It was awesome being at work and getting LOTS of pictures. It made my day!








I'd say they had a great time!!!  Nick even took them to Grapevine Mills Mall and did a little shopping with them. He bought them outfits for the 4th from Janie and Jack that are adorable!!! That's a 3 pointer for daddy!

Saturday was the 4th of July. Happy Independence Day America. I'm so thankful for the men and women who sacrifice their lives on a daily basis so that we have freedom. And for those who have served (shout out to Tutu and Papa!) We are blessed to live in the USA. 

We started the morning with a long run/walk. We probably went a good 4-5 miles. The boys enjoyed riding in their BOB stroller and Nick and I loved pushing it! It's so smooth!




Check out the arm lean

After our walk and the LPs siesta, they played inside as I cleaned up the house. Matt and Michelle came over to see the new casa and brought their 8 month old, Caden. He's too cute and a hass! Especially compared to the LPs. He's 21 pounds and tall like his daddy who is 6'8. He towered over the boys but you can tell the LPs are a little older. They are a bit more active than Caden. 

It was fun catching up and getting the boys together. I still cannot believe we haven't met Caden until now! I wish I had gotten a picture but I was too busy visiting and totally forgot!

We got the boys dressed and snapped a few pics before heading over to Uncle Brent's and Aunt Aubbie's.  



How sweet are the boys in the outfits daddy got them?!?!?! He did so good!

At Brent and Aubrey's, we hung out while people filtered in and then Aubs went with us to the family pool while everyone else went to the adult only pool. Pierce fought the water at the beginning but once Nick took him out in the float we bought, he started to enjoy himself. Knox loved it and sat in my lap and splashed and splashed and splashed. We took turns putting the boys in the float - I could only find one- and splashing on the layout deck. We stayed for about an hour and then headed back to Brent and Aubrey's. It was time for us to head back. We needed to bathe the LPs and get them in bed. 

I thought for sure they would sleep so good. Not so much. Nick and I rented a movie and we both fell asleep. Around 11, Knox woke up. I nursed him and within 10 minutes of putting him down, Pierce woke up. I nursed him but he wouldn't go back to sleep. Nick made him a bottle and he finally fell asleep about an hour later. Growth spurt?!?

Sunday, I'm ashamed to admit, but I spent the whole day in my pjs. We hung out with the LPs and in the afternoon, Nick met a coworker at the REC and they played racquetball. 



Nick picked up some groceries for us at Central Market and cooked us an amazing steak dinner. He's quite the chef!!! It was incredible!


Happy 4th of July weekend from the Jobs!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment