Tuesday, July 14, 2015

We are family!!!

Friday, my mom and Aunt Anita were supposed to fly in. My Aunt Anita made it (woohoo!) but my moms flight was stuck on the runway for an hour. They couldn't guarantee her which flight she could get on next so she and my dad drove up to Dallas. 

The LPs and I picked Aunt Anita up from the airport and headed to Esparza's. But not without me getting us lost first! Oops. We made it and the boys did awesome at lunch. They loved helping Aunt Anita with her chicken quesadillas. Those boys tore them up!



After Esparza's we headed to Target to grab a few things for the weekend. Aunt Anita drinks these yummy protein shakes and she needed some ingredients and I needed a few things for the shower I was to host on Saturday. After our Target run, we headed back to the house and played with the boys. They've grown so much since Aunt Anita saw them in January. 

We kept the boys up (they were starting to loose it a little) so that my parents could see them and help put them to bed. It made their night. Especially after such a long drive. 

Nick had picked up a HUGE and delicious salad from Eatzi's that we all shared while we visited. He also picked up some tiramisu!!! After visiting for a while, we all called it a night and headed to bed. It had been a long day for all of us. 

Saturday morning we made another Target run minus the LPs. They stayed back with Papa and daddy. Tutu wanted to get the boys another Leap Pad computer, Aunt Anita liked the hand soap  I had out and wanted to take some back with her and I needed to get refreshments for the shower. Along the way, we made a pit stop at a garage sale and I got the boys a walker for $3. They love it!!!!


When we got back, Nick and I scrambled to get ready. We had to be at the shower at 2. Of course we were late but it ended up being perfect. We got everything set up and the guests of honor - Landon and Lauryn- arrived! 

It was perfect. We had On The Border catered, a margarita machine, plenty of beer, and of course CAKE. Nothing Bundt Cake to be exact. We visited, opened presents and ate cake! I really truly think everyone had a great time. 








L2 came over later Saturday night to bring our hostess gift. It was fun hanging out and laughing with them like we always do!

Sunday morning we got up and around and headed to the Gaylord. We wanted to take Aunt Anita to their awesome brunch. Once again, the boys LOVED getting to eat lots of foods - turkey, chicken, Mac and cheese, watermelon, mashed potatoes and regular potatoes! And of course our standard - PUFFS!!!  They did great! 





After brunch, Papa and Nick took the boys back to the house while the girls headed to the mall. I returned a dress at Nordstrom's and mom and I picked up some make up. We shopped around a little and then headed back to the house. Tutu and Papa had to head back to SA. 



Aunt Anita and I played with the boys while Nick got some much needed yard work done. 

After the LPs went to dreamland, Nick ordered Fireside Pies and picked it up. We watched Big Brother and are our yummy dinner. I think Aunt Anita enjoyed it almost as much as I did :)

Monday morning we got up and played with Pierce and Knox. During their morning nap, I took a nap because they were up a lot the night before. I was so thankful to have Aunt Anita here to watch them for me. 

My best friend from college, Allison, stopped by with her two kiddos to visit. It was so good to see her and to catch up a little. I had not seen her since April but we talk pretty frequently. She has a 6 year old, Gavin and a 2.5 year old, Brooklynn. They are sweet and very active. I'm sure I will be running around like a mad woman when the boys are two!!! Brookie keeps Allie on her toes!



Aunt Anita had never had Chick-Fil-A so I HAD to introduce her!!! I picked up lunch during the LPs 2nd nap of the day and we enjoyed it at the kitchen counter ( we still have no where to sit to eat). I think it was a successful lunch choice. I know it was for me :). It's one of my favs!



We played and played until it was time to put the LPs to bed. Nick got home from work and he and Aunt Anita took over bedtime routine while I got my lunch packed for work. After the boys were tucked in, it was time to say goodbye. I was so sad to see Aunt Anita go. It's been so nice having her here. I just adore her. She is so easy going, perfect with the boys, easy to talk to and a great listener. I just wish she was closer. 

Until next time Aunt Anita (perhaps September 😉)

No comments:

Post a Comment