Saturday, August 1, 2015

Week in review

Monday was a work day for me. Nick was supposed to go out of town on business so I rearranged my schedule and he ended up not having to go. That was good but it made my schedule stink.

 

Tuesday the boys and I hung out and played all day. Knox got his first tooth Saturday and has been a little more fussy than usual but still a very good little baby. He was running a little temperature so we had to cancel a play date we had scheduled. 

You can barely see that little tooth!

Nick had a meeting with a guy from college so mommy flew solo with bed time. Nick is an awesome daddy. It's hard to get both nuggets ready for bed and fed and he does it on his lonesome at least twice a week. Go daddy go!

Wednesday we were fever free and in a great mood. We had a playdate with one of the doctors I work with, Lindsey Haley and her two little boys. Reid is 2.5 and Jack is 8 months. We had a good time catching up while Reid showed the boys his toys and played with play dough. Pierce and Knox crawled everywhere, exploring their new surroundings. And sweet P, well he spit up so much we went through 3 of Lindsey's burp cloths. I felt so bad. I offered to stay and do her laundry 😉. 




Since we were in Dallas, we stopped at Cafe of Life and all 3 of us got adjusted. Mommy was in bad shape according to Autumn. No doubt. It's been a while since I've been fixed up and I strained my back a few days ago while feeding Pierce. It was the weirdest thing. 

We came home and played and daddy got home in time for bath time. We let the boys play and splash for a while and then night night it was!

Thursday we did nothing but play. I had high hopes of going to Target but the boys were super fussy and I was pretty tired too. It was kind of a long and exhausting day since the boys were in a funk. 

Eating turkey 

Yes he slept like this for 10 minutes. 

Friday, I worked and got a text in the morning from Nick that Knox may have pink eye! He also was running a fever but otherwise acting normal. Lena gave him Tylenol and put some cool tags on him. Poor little guy. I was worried sick all day about him. I called the pedi but neither Nick or I could get off work to take him in.

Check out his poor eye :(

P playing!

Friday night was horrible. I was worried about Knox and Nick was really struggling with his ankle. He kept hollering out in pain and that left both of us pretty sleep deprived. Saturday morning I texted our chiropractor to see of they could see Nick and try and fix him. Luckily they were willing to see us at around 1:30. 

We got up with the boys and Knox had a fever again so he got some Tylenol. He didn't nurse very long and was really struggling to breathe. Poor baby was not feeling well. Luckily, once his fever broke, he was more like himself. 

I played with the LPs while Nick applied ice and heat to his ankle. I had given him a muscle relaxer at about 4, so he was a bit groggy still. 


The LPs napped and then we got them ready to go see Tom and Autumn. We got there around 1:30 and within 30 min, Nick was able to walk again (he had been limping/hobbling everywhere.). Tom had once again worked his magic and we cannot thank him enough!

Since we were in Dallas, we decided to do a little more furniture shopping. But first, it was lunch time. We went to Chili's where the boys were more interested in eating the table than their food :). We gave them puffs, a pouch and a bottle. Unfortunately, Knox was not feeling too hot and power puked his bottle up all over himself and the floor. Poor sweet boy. He didn't seem too phased by it though so we decided to press on. 




We ran into one of the doctors I work with outside of IOMetro and chatted with her and her mom and baby for a little bit and then shopped. We left IOMetro and Restoration Hardware empty handed but have a pretty good grasp of what we want to do in our dining room and loving room. 

The boys napped on the way home and then we played for a while before they had dinner.  When we put them down, poor Knox fought his bottle. He ended up only eating half and slept through the night. He never woke up to finish it like I thought he would. 

Saturday night, I flew solo at the grocery store. It was kind of strange, yet relaxing to be there without my get-a-long gang. I was able to mosey up and down the aisles and not getting questioned by strangers as to if they were twins or not. It was nice. I may need to make it a habit!

Nick helped me put the groceries away and we watched a little tv before calling it a night ourselves. 

Sunday morning Knox was more congested. He nursed but not for very long. Poor guy couldn't breathe. Nick and I decided it was time to see the doctor. 

During their morning nap, I got ready while Nick mowed the lawn. His ankle was feeling SO much better!! Hallelujah. When the LPs woke up, I got them changed, we played a bit and then I got Knox ready for the doctor wge Nick stayed home with the P - man. 

We got all checked in at Cook's and were seen rather quickly. I was impressed. They weighed Knox, checked his heart and lungs and oxygen saturation and then we were led to our room. A really sweet PA came in and checked him out. Diagnosis: bilateral pink eye and an upper respiratory infection. We were sent home with prescription  eye drops and told to buy over the counter Zyrtec to help with his congestion. We were also told to keep alternating our Tylenol and Motrin as we have been doing. Poor little man. 



We got home and put the boys down for a nap and then played and ate some more. I prepped a bunch of food for the week. I am going to attempt the 21 Day Fix. We shall see how that goes. I found some pretty yummy looking recipes. I made a BBQ pork tenderloin in the crock pot along with a Mexican lasagna and baked some chicken. No more fast food for us this week! In the meantime, Nick was getting things done! He cleaned out his closet, hung the lights in the kitchen, put up the gate in the media room and did his laundry. By the end of the night, he was paying for all his activity 😔. His ankle was once again swollen and he was hobbling around again. 

P in baby jail 😉

We were going to do bath time but the boys were both too exhausted so we called it a night. 

Sunday night was a little rough. Knox's nose finally decided to start running and poor guy didn't quite know what to do. He ate a lot better but wailed when I first tried to feed him. So much so, I had to feed him in the living room. Eventually he calmed down and finished most of his bottle. A big improvement from the night before.  

Nick and I watched Big Brother and had our Sunday night wine and cheese night ;). 

Around 3, Knox woke up with labored breathing. We changed him and fed him and he was back out not too much later. He woke again at 6:30 and nursed like a champ (yay!). Pierce was up not too long after and he was hungry too!!!

Nick got ready for work while the boys and I played and played and played. During their first nap, I worked out for the first time in a LONG time. I got my booty kicked by a workout DVD!!!!

Our only field trip Monday was to Tom Thumb and Sonic. I needed to pick up a card for my dad. His birthday is Thursday.  I also picked up some watermelon. The boys devoured the one I bought Saturday so why not!?! Also, Sonic was a necessity. Mommy needed a diet cherry limeade!!! 

Knox fell asleep on the way home so Pierce and I had some one on one time while brother slept. Once Knox woke up we played and ate and then it was time for their normal nap. They both went down with little resistance. 

There was no way we could skip bath time again. Knox's hair was matted to his head from rubbing snot in it and Pierce was starting to not smell like a baby should :). Right when I was thinking of getting them in the tub, who walked in from work early? No one other than daddy of course!

I was so happy to see Nick. We tag teamed and fed the boys and then bathed them. They ❤️LOVE❤️ Bath time and splish splashing around. 

We got the boys down and ate the pork tenderloin I had made on Sunday. It was actually pretty good if I do say so myself!!! Thank you Pinterest and 21 day fix!

Tuesday I worked in triage. It was actually a pretty decent day. Hallelujah!

Wednesday we took a trip to Wal Mart after I doubled up on my workouts. A friend of mine had a cool toy for her daughter that the boys HAD TO HAVE!!! It's a table that they can stand around and it speaks to them in English and in Spanish!!! I ❤️ It! And so do they!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment