Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sick

Well we dealt with a sicky this weekend. Friday night, Nick started to complain of feeling weak and having a headache. He never has headaches - that's usually my thing- and he fell asleep super early. 

Saturday morning Nick woke up with the sweats and a fever. He spent most of the day in bed. Around 2, he came upstairs and told me to go get my nails done. The one thing I really wanted to do this weekend. 

I went to Michael's and picked up a few crafty things to decorate for the boys first birthday and then tried out the nail salon next door. It was awesome and they even gave me a mimosa! Much needed for this mommy. On my way home, I stopped and picked up some cold meds and throat lozenges for the sicky. 

The boys slept most of the time I was gone. In fact, Knox was still asleep when I got home and Pierce and daddy were hanging out on the couch. Almost immediately upon my return, Nick headed back to bed. I knew he was really feeling bad then. 

Prior to falling asleep for daddy.... Time to lower the cribs!

We had plans to meet Jeff, Alma, Lauren and Steven for dinner. Rachael was going to come watch the boys and we were going to have a night out in Fort Worth. I texted the girls and Rachael to let them know we weren't going to be able to make it. 

The boys and I had a fun day playing but boy did we miss daddy. This mama was exhausted. It really does take two sometimes. 

Eating French toast mommy made for breakfast!


I like eggs mommy! Brother - not so much. 


I made Nick some homade chicken soup in hopes of soothing his throat and helping him feel better. After dinner, I headed to the grocery store. It was time for meal prep! I did this last weekend and it helped so much. We had a variety of things to choose from each night instead of the usual chicken, salad and sweet potato that we usually do. On this weeks menu- chicken, tacos and lots of fruits and veggies. 

Sunday morning, Nick was still in a world of hurt so the boys and I tried to let him sleep and went immediately upstairs to eat and play. 


We had lots of watermelon Sunday. We love watermelon!

Daddy got lots of rest and when he got up and tried to get around, I requested that he please go to the doctor. Care Now was calling Nick's name. Diagnosis: tonsillitis. Yuck and boo. Poor Nick. 

The remainder of the day, the LPs and I played, napped and ate. 




Monday, Nick stayed home from work and the LPs and I nursed, ate, napped and most importantly, played! 






Tuesday I worked. Nick stayed home again while Lena was with the babes. Nick is on the upswing. Horray!!!! I was fortunate enough to get off early and was able to help put the boys to bed. It was so good to snuggle the nugs after being gone all day. I sure do miss them when I'm gone. And I am so incredibly thankful that Nick is on the up and up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment