Monday, August 17, 2015

Tutu and Papa

Thursday I worked and on my way home, I called my parents. They were already practically in town. Woohoo! 

I was in the LPs room giving Knox his paci when I heard a dog bark. It was Louis! My parents had made it safe and sound. 

We unloaded the car and visited for a while. Soon it was time for bed. We said goodnight and hit the hay. 

Friday morning we got up, I fed the boys and we played!!!! After breakfast, a nap and showers for all, we headed up to Esparza's for lunch!  On the way, we stopped at Legacy Cakes and ordered the boys birthday cake and smash cakes. I am so excited!!! We are doing something similar to this:


Esparza's was fun as usual. Not only is it good food but it is very baby friendly. Mom and I both ordered the lunch fajitas and the LPs got their fair share of some Mexican food. Pierce sat next to me and let me tell you, I think the floor got as much food as P did. 


Knox got Tutu's fajitas. I think more got in his little belly. 


After Esparza's, we headed to Target. Knox napped while we shopped and Pierce took it all in. He didn't want to miss a thing. We got some staples for the house and most importantly, staples for the LPs. Diapers, oatmeal, PUFFS... The necessities!!!! Thank you Tutu and Papa!


We headed back to the house and unloaded our goodies. Our interior designer, Melanie was at our house with our recovered chairs for the living room. I LOVE them!!! They turned out SO awesome!!! My mom worked hard fixing up the scuffs on the chair legs and they look like new!!!! Awesome Craig's list find Nick Job!

We played with the boys and gave them supper and a much needed bath. Then it was bed time. 

We all hung out upstairs watching Shark Tank and What Would You Do?  I worked on some stuff for the boys birthday party and enjoyed an awesome bottle of La Crema mom brought up!

Saturday I was on call. I was very surprised that my phone had not rang as I had seen on Facebook that another coworker had already been called in. When I saw her post, I went ahead and got ready anyway. 

We had a huge breakthrough Saturday!!! Both the Little Presidents started crawling on all 4's!!! It's not consistent yet but they are both doing it and I am so proud!!!! 

Around 10, my phone rang. It was time to head to Big B. To be honest, I have no idea why they let me stay home so long. It was so busy. There were only 2 open rooms when I got there. Although, I only had one triage patient the whole time I was there, I was able to relieve people for lunch and watch patients while others had deliveries. Much to my surprise, I was able to leave around 4:30. Just in time to come home, nurse the boys and head to dinner with the fam!

We headed to Cottonpatch Cafe. Side note :Cottonpatch was my first real job - I was a waitress ;). The boys did really well and we discovered that they really love rolls!

Teething....✅

Get in my belly!

Trying to drink daddy's beer...

After dinner, we headed back to the casa and played before bedtime. 
I love my daddy. 

Playing at our table!

Standing inside baby jail!

After the LPs went down, we divulged in some dessert we had brought home from CP and watched a movie called Aloha. It was really good and no one fell asleep! 

Sunday morning we got up and around and after the boys morning nap, we headed to the mall for brunch.  

Sunday fun day with daddy!

We waited in line at Breadwinners for about 20 minutes before we were sat. We had Louis with us so it was time to dine Al fresco! Once again, the LPs were rock stars. They took down a croissant as well as some puffs and muffins. 

Knox
 
Pierce 

We shopped a little and I ran into Nikki!!! She has not seen the boys since October last year. My how they have grown!!! It was good to catch up and we made plans for later this month. I cannot wait to see her girls. 

We shopped for a while and then Tutu and Papa had to take off. We said our "see you soons" and then the boys and I headed to the J Crew dressing room to eat. 

We ran into Nikki again at Dillard's where Nick was getting some things to spruce up his work wardrobe. He got three nice suit jackets, some pants and a few new white shirts he was in dire need of. 

The boys were getting restless and did not nap well so it was time to head home. They each took a little cat nap and then once home, we played and let them blow off some energy before bed. 

Nick took the mama Roo over to Landon and Lauryn. Everly Belle is due soon and she hopefully will love it as much as the boys did. While he was dropping the Roo off, I got the boys down for the night. They were exhausted. 

Nick and I did wine and cheese night while watching Big Brother and then it was night night for us too. 

It was a busy and fun weekend and I loved having my parents here. They won't see the boys until they are one! How can that be???


No comments:

Post a Comment