Monday, June 22, 2015

Nick's First Father's Day

Friday, the boys and I played and took a trip to Sonic. It was a pretty low key day where we spent most of the day nursing and eating. We are trying to fatten these sweet boys up!




Friday night, we hired a babysitter and headed to the racetrack with Jeff and Alma (the ones who just got married in Mexico). We had a great time betting on the horse races and then watching the Josh Abbott band perform. 



Saturday was the Deloitte University (DU) family picnic. It was a lot of fun. They had food trucks, art stations, pony rides, a petting zoo, a professional soccer player teaching kids soccer tricks, a balloon artist, and more. We took the boys by the petting zoo. They loved looking at all the animals and of course the LPs were a hit with Nick's coworkers. They hammed it
Up as usual!!!


After the picnic, we headed to the house. Our refrigerator was FINALLY being delivered. We ordered it in April. This was the third time they were supposed to deliver it. Very frustrating. But we have it
And it looks amazing!

We played with the boys and then before we knew it, it was time to put them to bed. Nick and I watched a movie and then hit the hay ourselves. 

Sunday morning the boys woke up around 5 and I nursed them and put them back down. They didn't wake up again until 8!!! I don't know if they knew it was Fathers Day but it was awesome to sleep in that late!! 

We let daddy continue to sleep and went to the play room to play and explore. 


Then daddy woke up and we gave him his gifts!



Daddy played with the LPs  while mommy ran to the grocery store. They even took a good nap for daddy!!! I got home and Nick helped me unload the groceries. 

We had some more blind people come by and give us an estimate on shutters/blinds. We then had an interior designer come over who is going to help us decorate the house. She is the wife of one of Nick's coworkers. Her name is Mel and I am really excited to be working with her. She is conscious of our budget and she and I have very similar styles. This place will look amazing in a year or so. 

I hope Nick had a good Fathers Day. Although we didn't do anything super special, it was special to spend time as a family. Nick is such an amazing daddy. I've watched him grow so much over the last 9 months.  I'm so proud to call him my husband and the father of our children. Nick Job- you are one of a kind and I love you more and more each day. Thank You for being you. And thank you for giving me the greatest gifts of my life. I love doing life with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment